General Terms and Conditions: Sentosa’s Social Media Contests
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) shall apply to all Sentosa’s social media (Facebook/ Instagram/ Youtube/ Twitter/ or the applicable platform on which the contest is running) contests, unless otherwise stated.
1) The Contest will commence at the stated time and will end at the time as stipulated in the contest details, unless withdrawn earlier by Sentosa Development Corporation (SDC).
2) The Contest is only open to all persons who:
a) have an active account on the relevant social media platform ; and
b) have their social media account privacy setting not set as “hidden” or “private” during the Contest Period, i.e., accounts must be public; and
c) are not employees of SDC, their immediate family members, vendors/ contractors, advertising/ marketing agencies of SDC, and any other parties directly involved in organizing, promoting, or conducting the contest.
d) are local residents residing in Singapore, with a local residential address.
e) are sixteen (16) years of age or older, on the day the contest starts. For Siloso Beach Party Contest, the participant must be (18) years of age or older.
3) Only Entries submitted during the Contest Period will be considered (i.e. Entries submitted after the contest period will not be considered).
4) Each participant may submit 1 entry during the contest period, unless otherwise stated. Duplicate entries on different platforms will be counted as a single entry.
Notification of Contest Winner / Prize Collection
5) The winner will be notified on their relevant social media account or via email where applicable (“Notification”).
6) The winner needs to provide SDC with the requested information set out in the Notification within 7 calendar days of the Notification date, failing which prize will be forfeited.
7) If the Prize remains unclaimed within 21 calendar days of the Notification date, it shall be forfeited without any liability to SDC. If necessary, the winner will be required to present the original Passport/NRIC for verification purposes at time of the collection.
8) The Prize is non-exchangeable and is not redeemable for cash or any other prizes. SDC reserves the right to substitute the prize for other prizes of similar value.
9) The Prize is non-replaceable if lost, stolen or damaged/ defaced.
10) By participating in the Contest, the Participant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions, terms and conditions that SDC may issue from time to time.
11) By participating in the Contest, the Participant shall be deemed to have consented to SDC’s collection, use and disclosure of the submitted Entry for the purposes of administering the Contest (which shall include publication of the Entry on SDC’s Social Media platforms for the purposes of announcing the winner). The Participant undertakes and warrants that he/she will obtain all necessary consents for SDC to collect, use and disclose the Entry for the purposes set out herein.
12) SDC shall not be liable to the Participants for any injuries, losses or damages in respect of, in connection with and/or arising from the Contest.
13) SDC reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the Contest and to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time for whatever reason and without giving prior notice to the Participants. SDC’s decision on all matters relating to or in connection with the Contest is final, and no correspondence will be entertained.
14) For contests that require Participants to submit photographs or images (e.g., “take a snapshot of yourself at Sentosa and stand to win a prize), SDC reserves the right to publish any Participants’ images and details for any purpose whatsoever without having to pay any fee or compensation to the Participants.
15) The Participant shall fully indemnify and hold SDC harmless from and against any loss, damage, cost, liability or expense (including legal fees), whether direct or indirect, which SDC incurs in respect of, in connection with and/or arising from the Participant’s breach of these Terms and Conditions.
16) In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Contest, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
17) The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Singapore law. The Courts of Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from these Terms and Conditions, including the validity and enforceability thereof.
18) A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Right of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
Be the first to know about new events in Sentosa and latest Island deals, promos and other fun activities.