Sentosa Beach Patrol
Beach Patrol is a lifesaving service that patrols and guards the beaches of Sentosa daily, from 9am-7pm. Rain or shine; you’ll find us there perched on the observation tower looking after your safety.
- To be the Professional Body for Open Water Lifesaving in Singapore
Lifeguards were employed to guard the beaches since the 1970s. Over the years, we have developed and change a great deal to accommodate with the increasing visitorship and progress of the island. We have also adapted to calling ourselves Beach Patrol, instead of lifeguards.
Then, the lifeguard towers were made up of attap roof. Now, our Beach Patrol Observation towers are built at 2 meters high and concreted with a storage space below. The towers now are also equipped with solar panels to power our public announcement system.
What do we do?
- Lifeguarding and First Aid services
- Vehicular Management
- Facilities and Infrastructure management
- Working with Island Partners along the beaches
- Beach Safety Awareness Campaign
Where can you find us?
Approach any of our Beach Patrol Officers if you have any enquiries or if you need assistance. You can locate us at the Beach Patrol Headquarters on Palawan Beach or on any of the observation towers along the beaches of Sentosa.
In the event of an emergency, there are emergency call buttons at all first aid stations to contact us.
When do we operate?
What does it take to be a lifesaver on Sentosa?
- 16 years old and above
- Bronze Medallion lifesaving certification awarded by the Singapore Life Saving Society (SLSS) and a valid CPR certification
- In-house physical fitness test of 200m sand run - 200m surf swim - 200m sand run, all under 8 minutes
- Passionate in saving lives
- Love the outdoor and be open to new challenges
Every Beach Patrol Officer will also have to undergo on-the-job training, which includes rigorous orientation and practical water works training, before they can patrol on their own.
You may contact us at [email protected] for any enquiries.